- white shelves, colourful books (via Stadshem)
"We read books to find out who we are. What other people, real or imaginary, do and think and feel… is an essential guide to our understanding of what we ourselves are and may become."
"I think books are like people, in the sense that they’ll turn up in your life when you most need them."
We’re featured on Etsy’s tumblr!
"All the books we own, both read and unread, are the fullest expression of self we have at our disposal. … But with each passing year, and with each whimsical purchase, our libraries become more and more able to articulate who we are, whether we read the books or not."
"There are books that one reads over and over again, books that become part of the furniture of one’s mind and alter one’s whole attitude to life, books that one dips into but never reads through, books that one reads at a single sitting and forgets a week later."
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them!
Tagged by allthishashappened.
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Oscar and the Lady in Pink by Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Bradbury
- City of Bohane by Kevin Barry
- The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov
- Old Times by Harold Pinter
- Never Let Me Go by Kakuo Ishiguro
- Mister God, This is Anna by Flynn
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
- The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
"It’s always better to have too much to read than not enough."
Bookmarks by Ethem Onur Bilgiç